Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Update: The Slates

Dear Friends and Family,

It has been two months since Rylan passed away. God is slowly healing our hearts and giving us peace and strength each day.

A few weeks ago, Dan and I met with several doctors from the hospital to review the pathology reports. The only information we received about Rylan's death was during labor a fetal vessel ruptured causing Rylan to lose over half her blood volume. This event caused severe fetal distress. She was a healthy, normal baby throughout the pregnancy. We still have more questions and hope to receive answers in the upcoming months.

Please continue to pray for our family, especially during this Christmas season. We recognize that while we're celebrating Christmas here, our baby, Rylan, is celebrating Christmas in heaven with Jesus Christ. We know someday we'll all be together again and these days are temporary if we maintain an eternal outlook.

The most valuable lesson I've learned through Rylan's life and death: God gave me a new appreciation of how much pain He must have had to lose His Son the way He did. It made me realize how much He loves each of us as His children to sacrifice so greatly in order for us to spend eternity with Him. The love I have for Camden, Everett, and Rylan pales in comparison with the love of Christ. What a wonderful time to realize Christ's unconditional love as we celebrate His birth this Christmas.

I love you all.

Kristah

Here is a montage I created with our memories of Rylan:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YgMzN_Q8mRc

1 comment:

Michy said...

Never have I seen such a pure faith. I Thank the Lord for your lives, and I also thank him that we have something that never fails : hope in Jesus Christ. Thank you for being such a great example. I love you all in Jesus name,

-Clarita

Followers

About Me

We love deeper and cherish each day given to us because of our trials and joys in this journey of life.